Monday, July 24, 2023

Creating the perfect airplane outfit

 The perfect airplane outfit changes per trip, but it always has a few things for me:

  • Compression socks for international flights
  • A scarf
  • My heaviest pants
  • A light weight jacket


For my trip to Germany in summer 2023, I wore:
  • Not pictured: Clarks slide on shoes that I wore pretty much every day to work that are very comfortable
  • Purple compression socks that have been with me on every international adventure since 2013
  • A lightweight scarf I bought in Spain
  • A print t-shirt
  • A black exercise jacket with zip up pockets
  • Jeans - my only long pants jeans for the whole trip.  These are my heaviest pants and surprisingly comfortable.  I've been able to "rest" in jeans on planes before.  I don't sleep well on international flights anyways.
  • Not pictured: my money belt
When I arrive to the airport, there is nothing in my pockets for ease of going through security.  Once I'm at the gate, I move things from my purse to my pockets so I'm not elbowing my neighbor or making a mess to find my essentials.  What I want on hand for my flight are:
  • Ear planes - these are a LIFE SAVER for me since my ears will otherwise pop and I'll be in pain for hours to days afterwards.
  • Headphones with a 3M jack.  I have a 3M to lightning convertor so I can use one pair the whole trip, whether to my iPhone or the airplane's TV or to a museum's audio guide.
  • Hard candy for take off and landing
  • Hand wipes
  • Entertainment, ie: Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment